Sunday, June 21, 2009

A happy fathers day

I had a great day today. I was given the gift of time -- I was permitted to bang my head against a brick wall while trying to fix my computer (as shown here and here).

The teen-ager gave me a calendar, the days of each month, with a fatherly photo above the month. the photos were lovingly retouched with oil pastels, very special. The ex-teen provided a bright orange T-shirt, V-neck. For cycling! The lovely Carol gave me a gift card for Kepler's.

And a lovely meal! Grilled tuna and vegetables, prepared on the patio. Steamed rice (of course). And for dessert, a fruit cobbler. All delicious.

We also had terrific weather. I washed the "whites" last night and hung them out this morning. They were dry (even the socks) before suppertime.

I think I am one of the luckiest fathers alive today.

No comments: