Sunday, February 04, 2007

At least I have your lovely sister

The elder teen was in one of the school offices, when a teacher from last semester saw her. "You miss me," he said in sing-song. "You know you miss my class..." He picked up a little bell, tinkling it near her ear.

She misses him, but not the class. The class was pretty tough, and not everything in it was all that useful. How many presidents from the 16th to the 30th served exactly two terms? (The answer on the exam was just the number, which you got right or wrong; you don't write down the names and get partial credit for remembering some of them.) (btw I just made up those numbers)

I asked, "Did he say he missed you?"

Yes, he did. "Well, I miss you. But at least I've got your lovely sister. She's a great artist." (The younger teen is in his class the whole year.)

"Right," she replied. "She is lovely, and she is a great artist."

No comments: