Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Gender & Grace

I have been thinking lately about how a Bible-believing Christian deals with some of the claims of [social] science. I mean books like The Nurture Assumption by Judith Rich Harris. Fortunately we happened to have a copy of Mary Stewart Van Leeuwen's Gender & Grace, which talks about how a social scientist with a high view of Scripture can integrate the Bible into her understanding of science. This is great! I'm more of a computer scientist than a social scientist (though computer people are not all antisocial), and so I approach social science from the other angle -- how I (a Christian with a fairly high view of science) can integrate science with my understanding of what the Bible teaches.

Whoo... it's late so I'll write more about this at another time.

No comments: