Monday, May 24, 2010

Mercenaries?

So I get ready to write a post and blogger has an announcement that I can make money by linking to amazon. It can be easier to look stuff up on amazon.com, link to stuff on amazon.com, and if you my reader buys stuff on amazon.com, there'll be a kickback! Yow! Early retirement here I come!?

Or not.

So maybe you'll think I'm silly, but it seems kinda tacky to say "oh yeah, here's a cool book, and they'll give me money if you click through and buy it." So... no thank you, amazon.

So if you click on a link here, amazon.com will probably know that you came from here, but I don't think it'll give 'em the kind of info that facebook gave when I clicked on one of their links (image at right). And I'm certainly not taking any money from them to refer you there. I do like amazon.com (we spend quite a bit of money there) and it's easy to create a link to any book they have, but I'm not making money off of you when you buy stuff from them.

Just thought you'd like to know.

No comments: