Thursday, May 17, 2007

Last night

Last night, I looked at the clock. "Ten o'clock!" I said. "No wonder I'm so tired." Flossed and brushed my teeth, and fell into bed, lying on my left side so as to keep an eye on the lovely Carol, once she arrived. I closed my eyes briefly.

Pretty soon she climbed into bed beside me and turned on the headboard light. She pulled out a book. "I'm going to read something to help me set my mind on the Spirit," she said. "The mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace."

I love it when she quotes the Bible to me -- I think it's so sexy. That was Romans 8:6 I think.

But in this case I wasn't really paying attention; I was admiring the shape of her leg and remembering how it felt. I closed my eyes again.

She smirked at me. "You don't care about setting your mind on the Spirit?" she said.

In response, I reached over and touched her leg, setting my mind on her flesh. Then I threw a pillow at her.

No comments: