Monday, January 11, 2010

Caltrain whine of the day

Last Saturday I went to the ticket machine to buy my monthly pass. This isn't a $20 item; the rail pass is $112.75 and monthly parking is $30. Usually I pay with plastic.

I don't know what possessed me to put the debit card in -- maybe something about wanting to spend money rather than incur debt. It asked for my PIN (I don't think it said "PIN number") and the transaction was recorded.

So it's now 9 days later and I've had half a glass of wine to fortify myself against doing the weekly Quicken® ritual. There's a $142.75 charge that I don't remember making, and the transaction as downloaded from the bank says simply
"POS MENIO PARK MENLO PARK"
It doesn't say something helpful like "POS CVS 09329 REDWOOD CITY" or "POS USPS 0563780210 REDWO".

Finally I remembered. And I wished that caltrain would have given the bank something more....

No comments: